The origins of the winery dates back to 1859 when, following the crisis of oidium and phylloxera in Bordeaux, the Bordeaux Savignon Frères et Cie house decided to move to Haro to produce and export wine to France. In 1901, the company sold the Rioja facilities to a group of Bilbao businessmen, who built their monumental winery, with (3,000 m2) of underground wineries, and consolidated it as a reference mark in red wine Rioja. Very soon, its quality opened the doors to other European markets and, in 1925, Bodegas Bilbaínas was honoured as “Supplier of the Spanish Royal Family,” a condition that expresses a prestige that has always remained attached to its name. In the 90s the winery was acquired by the Group Codorníu. History shows that the ability and willingness to innovate is an almost innate trait in Bodegas Bilbaínas. The creative restlessness and mobility spirit of Oenology teams is key to maintaining these dynamics. This is reflected in the daily work that equally combines traditional practices such as manual pruning, green pruning, manual deleafing, elimination of grapes and manual harvesting and other practices with the most advanced winemaking methods such as precision viticulture or mating disruption technique, also known as sexual confusion technique, against pests. This combination of methods ensure the highest quality ever since the inception of the vineyard.
No products were found matching your selection.