While all industries are struggling due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the restaurant and hospitality industry certainly has been one of the hardest hit since the beginning of this crisis.
According to the latest news reports, social distancing restrictions in Ontario will be effect until potentially halfway through the summer season. Yet, there is still uncertainty as to how and when measures will be loosened.
As the isolation period rolls by, a number of restaurants in cities like Toronto and Ottawa have sadly been forced to close their doors permanently. The restaurant industry needs our help now more than ever. Below are ways you can show your support.
How You Can Support Restaurants In Ontario During COVID-19
With the capacities of most food and wine establishments across the province limited, many questions have arisen such as: Will our favourite restaurants still be around in a post-Coronavirus world? How will this impact the culinary experiences that we have become accustomed to?
Fortunately, there are many ways that you can continue to support restaurants in Ontario during this unprecedented time. Many individuals are choosing to donate to organizations that are fundraising to support restaurant workers who may have lost their jobs or are struggling due to a lack of income. Another popular form of support is buying gift vouchers for your favourite restaurants to be used when they re-open.
More recently, some agents have come together with a Restaurant Relief Case, which is a mix of 12 wines from 12 different agencies. A portion of the proceeds goes to help participating restaurants and Community Food Centres Canada.
However, the best way that you can immediately help your local restaurant community is to order wine and food for takeout and delivery. Rest assured that gestures like this are highly appreciated by those involved in the restaurant industry.
Top Ontario Restaurants To Order Wine & Food From
Small Winemakers Collection has been fortunate to work with many restaurants across Ontario as a wine agent for over 20 years. And we’d like to encourage you all to do your part and support local restaurants in any small way that you can.
Below is a list of some of the restaurants across Ontario that are continuing to make their food and wine menus available while observing health and safety guidelines.
- Pelican Seafood Market & Grill, 1500 Bank Street
- Sur-Lie Restaurant, 110 Murray Street
- Das Lokal Kitchen & Bar, 190 Dalhousie Street
- Evoo Greek Kitchen, 438 Preston Street
- Mati Restaurant, 428 Preston Street
- Pubblico Eatery, 1331 Wellington St. West
- Brassica Restaurant, 309 Richmond Road
- Town Restaurant, 296 Elgin Street
- Trattoria Caffe Italia, 254 Preston Street
- Vittoria Trattoria, 3625 Rivergate Way
- East India Company, 210 Somerset Street West
- North & Navy Italian Kitchen, 226 Nepean Street
- Atomica Kitchen, 71 Brock Street
- Days On Front Restaurant, 730 Front Road
- Red House West, 629 Fortune Crescent
- Wooden Heads Pizza, 192 Ontario Street
- Harper’s Burger Bar, 93 Princess Street
- Casa Domenico, 35 Brock Street
- Olivea Restaurant, 39 Brock Street
- Le Chien Noir Bistro, 69 Brock Street
- Tango Nuevo Restaurant, 331 King Street East
- Mesa Fresca, 1347-2 Gardiners Road
- La Paella, 1146 Queen Street East
- Stack Restaurant, 3265 Yonge Street
- Cibo Wine Bar, 522 King Street West
- Capocaccia Cafe, 1366 Yonge Street
- Eataly, 55 Bloor Street West
- Quanto Basta, 1112 Yonge Street
- Gusto 501, 501 King Street East
- Miku Restaurant, 10 Bay Street, Unit 105
- Edo-Ko Restaurant, 429 Spadina Road
- Trattoria Nervosa, 75 Yorkville Avenue
- The Oxley, 121 Yorkville Avenue
- King Taps, 100 King Street West
For a more extensive list of restaurants in your area which are currently still open, view our list of restaurant partners that are working hard to continue bringing delicious food and wine to their respected customers.
Ordering Wine Online: Do Your Part To Support The Restaurant Industry
We urge as many of you as possible to highly consider doing your part to support the restaurant industry by continuing to order wine online. It is in hard times like these that we need to continue working together and showing our local restaurants how truly appreciated they are.
Here at Small Winemakers, we would like to extend our thanks to all our restaurant partners and customers for their continued loyalty and support. We wish you and your family continued safety and good health.